Representation You Can Trust

Did You Fall On Another’s Property?

Public and private property owners have a legal duty to keep their premises reasonably safe. You can hold property owners liable for your injuries when you slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall on a dangerous condition. You have a right to seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Unfortunately, this is often easier said than done without the help of an attorney.

Located in Albuquerque, Aaron Garrett Law is a personal injury firm you can turn to for knowledgeable and attentive guidance. We live in the community we serve. Our desire to provide you with a positive outcome and experience is entirely genuine.

What To Do When You Have Been Injured

When you become our client, we will explain everything to you and deal with the property owner and their insurance company on your behalf. We will handle the details for you, but there are a few things you can do to protect your claim.

  • Get medical attention for your injuries. Medical documentation is crucial in any personal injury case, and you may not even know the true extent of your injuries.
  • Notify the owner about your injury and the dangerous condition. You should always create a record of an accident to protect your claim. Informing owners does not eliminate their liability for your injuries, but it gives them the opportunity to prevent further injuries.
  • Talk with a lawyer immediately. Slip-and-fall claims are rarely paid in full or at all without the help of an attorney. Property owners may claim the accident never occurred, contest the severity of the injury or fail to report it to their insurers.

Suing A Public Entity For Damages

In New Mexico, accident victims can sue public entities to recover damages for their injuries. Under the New Mexico Tort Claims Act, exceptions to the immunity rule for public entities and officials include injuries resulting from car accidents, dangerous or defective property and medical malpractice. This means that if you slip and fall on public property, you can sue the city of Albuquerque or other responsible public entities.

At Garrett Law, our attorneys have proven experience fighting for compensation in cases against the city and other entities. Claims against the government in New Mexico has different rules and requirements. You need an attorney who understands the nuances and intricacies that goes into filing a successful claim. We also have the experience to help you file successful claims against big-box stores.

Talk With Our Lawyer For Free

If you have been injured on another’s property, we encourage you to call us – even if you are unsure whether you have a claim or are hesitant to seek compensation. We can help you understand your rights and the implications of any decision. Call our office at 505-633-8837 or send us an email to schedule your free initial consultation. We are always willing to meet with you at home or in the hospital.

Nosotros hablamos español.

Slip/Trip and Fall Claims


Tripped due to uneven concrete


Tripped as a result of defective design/lighting/failure to warn


Fell as a result of defective stairs


Tripped due to a poorly maintained parking lot


Tripped as a result of loose flooring